Thanks so much for showing your interest and commitment to seeking better futures for people with a disability who are ageing.
Throughout 2010 The Futures Alliance has been actively working to influence policy and practice in a variety of ways including:
- Producing a “Blue Print” on Ageing with a Disability
- Appearing before the NSW Legislative Council Inquiry into Services provided or Funded by ADHC (go to the following link and type in Futures Alliance: http://tiny.cc/1ri1n)
- Making a submission to the Productivity Commission Inquiry into a National Disability Care and Support Scheme
- Making a submission to Productivity Commission Inquiry into Care and support of Older Australians
- Making a submission to the Senate Inquiry into Planning Options and Services for people ageing with a disability
- Presenting papers at the National Disability Services conference and Australasian Association of Gerontology conference
- Holding a forum on Ageing with a Disability in partnership with Centre for Disability Studies
Prior to Christmas, the Futures Alliance will be:
- Meeting with Jan McLucas, Parliamentary Secretary for Disabilities
- Meeting with Andrew Constance, NSW Shadow Minister for Disabilities
- Appearing before the Senate Inquiry into Planning options and services for people ageing with a disability
- Reviewing our Strategic Plan outcomes and developing our agenda for 2011
Our 2011 Priorities will include:
- Producing a position paper on the disaggregation of HACC
- Holding another forum on Ageing with a Disability
- Continuing to develop our e communication strategies including Blog and Facebook platforms
- Many other strategies and activities to promote the interests of people with a disability who are ageing.
We will be taking a break from mid December to February however we’ll let you know via our Blog if there is any breaking news to report.
Have a happy and safe festive season and we look forward to our association with you in 2011.
Chairperson on behalf of the Futures Alliance